Will Weeping Willow Come Back?

I bought a weeping willow 2 years ago from Walmart and it didn't seem to be growing much. Then last year we had our usual drought, and it seem to burn up. So my question is, will it come back to life? Or is it dead? I've cut back all the dead branches and I see no green on any bark. It's about 2 ft tall now. It's early March here so I'm hoping it's not warm enough yet. Thank you.

You may have killed it by cutting the branches back. Ours goes dormant during drought and the winter. Then, in the spring those branches which seemed dead, come back to life. Willows have an extensive root system, so they generally come back. But, with it cut back as it is, I am not sure that will come back.

Willow trees bloom in April and May. You can prune a young tree. It is best to prune in winter and to remove dead branches only. You can also give your tree some fertilizer. The tree needs water, and if it is dead, that may be what killed it.