Windex as a Stain Remover

My 18 month old recently managed to take a ballpoint pen to bed with her and draw all over a borrowed white Bubaroo sleeping bag and all over her sheets! I took it to the dry cleaners and they sprayed it with this clear liquid and told me to go straight home and rub in the liquid and wash with NapiSan and laundry liquid.

I did and the stain was gone completely. The pen was all over the bag. It smelled just like Windex although the woman told me it was a 'special' pen remover! I will try Windex in future and would recommend it as I have read many websites suggesting it as a stain remover.

By JillyG from Perth, AUS

Editor's Note: NapiSan is an Australian laundry product, similar to OxiClean.

Answers:

Windex as a Stain Remover

Cool, thank you for sharing! Pod (09/25/2009)

By Podnette

Windex as a Stain Remover

Hand sanitizing lotion also works on ink. (09/26/2009)

By Danialle

Windex as a Stain Remover

I've used glass cleaner with detergent for laundry stains. My all-time favorite for spots on furniture or carpeting is Spot Shot. I cleaned a 7 foot trail of very concentrated, permanent dark green dye (used for dying pysanka, eastern european easter eggs) from beige carpeting. I tried carpet shampoo, oxyclean, glass cleaner etc. without results. Spot Shot got it out. I removed ballpoint pen from a pale gold sofa recently, and it worked well without smudging the stain. You can't see a trace of either. (09/26/2009)

By Recovering Spendthrift