Winter Tree Finger Painting

Younger children really enjoy craft painting projects and finger painting is easier than using a brush for preschoolers. This is a page about winter tree finger painting.

When I look outside after a snowstorm, I feel like the world is anew. The beauty and the stillness take my breath away. I want it to stay that way forever. But eventually, the snow begins to melt and the world returns to normal. This is one reason I enjoy artwork that captures nature. This painting is simple, fun, and elegant. It is perfect for children or adults because it is easy, but could also turn into a nice piece of artwork if framed or painted on a canvas.

Total Time: 30 minutes to make and about two hours to dry

Yield: 2 trees

Source: Pinterest

• 1 sheet of light blue construction paper
  • scissors
  • paint (white, brown, red, orange)
  • 4 small paint brushes
  • 1 brown colored pencil
  • 1 brown crayon
  • 1 brown thin marker
  • 1 black fine tip pen

1. Cut the blue paper in half for two tree scenes. Use a paint brush and brown paint to form a bare tree outline on one half sheet. Paint in the trunk. On the other, use a colored pencil for the outline. Color in the trunk with a crayon and trace the outline with a marker.
  2. Advertisement

3. After the painted tree outline is dry, add white paint with your index finger to create snow on the ground and in the tree. For the colored tree, I used a paint brush to add paint to the tree limbs. I added the ground snow with my index finger. Allow to dry.
  4. You can also add small details to each tree. I placed a cardinal in the painted tree and a squirrel and bear prints in the other.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Crafts Crafts For KidsJanuary 25, 2017
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Winter-Tree-Finger-Painting-1.html