Wooden Plant Riser
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
May 24, 2022
Do you have left over wood scraps? If you do, you can make some wooden plant risers for your backyard.
Some reasons plant risers are useful?
- Lift plant/fruit tree from the ground and avoid frost, insects, etc.
- Protect your outdoor surfaces
- Plants will be healthier because you will know if you're overwatering or not.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Saw of some sort
- Cut wood pieces to your desired length needed. For my wood, they are cut at 12.5 inches to fit the pots. You will need 5 pieces.
- One wood will be on each side and three in the center. Start off by screwing a wood on each ends as pictured.
- Then screw your center wood into place. I have this piece slightly lower so the pot won't be sitting completely flush there and so the water drains better.
- Then add your last side piece together to finish your wooden plant riser.