Yeast Free Naan Bread Recipe
Naan bread can be made without yeast so it is a fast delicious option as snack or side with a meal. This is a page about yeast free naan bread recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
August 6, 2015
Sometimes you just want a fresh, delicious, warm piece of bread quickly. Personally, I really hate working with yeast. I'm not really patient with temperatures or the wait time for things to properly rise. This is my super easy recipe for the most amazing Indian naan bread made in minutes and right on your stovetop.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp any oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- Optional: butter, garlic, cilantro
- Combine all dry ingredients and whisk them together.
- Add the oil and milk. Mix everything together until it forms a ball.
- Knead until very smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary. I just do it in my huge bowl. You can do it on your counter if you like. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces. Roll a piece of dough until thin (about 1/8").
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. If the skillet isn't non-stick, melt some butter (or butter oil mixture) before each piece. One at a time, cook the naan for about 90 seconds, or until parts are browning up nicely.
- When they are done, you can brush them with butter and add seasonings (cilantro, garlic, etc.), if you want. In this example, I made one batch by putting garlic and butter in the pan before dropping in the rolled dough.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.