Zucchini Spiral Noodles with Fresh Tomato Sauce
I love this time of year when all the vegetables are harvesting. The squashes are getting so big and always on sale! I have been finding myself adding fresh zucchini and summer squash to many dishes. I hope you will like this one! It is light and delicious! I purchased a Spiralizer! I love it!
I used a Spiralizer (purchased at Amazon for about $17 ) Well worth it. Many uses!Use the directions for spiraling the 2 squash making spaghetti noodles
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash (amount depends on how much you are making) this cooks down quite a bit. Using the 2 squashes, you will get enough for 2-3 servings.
- Homemade sauce
- 1 can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbls of grated cheese
- Using the spiralizer, follow the instructions (very easy) to spiral cut your squashes.
- Let them steam in 1 of a bit salted water for only 1 minute. Drain quickly and put back in the pan covered.
- Making this quick sauce. Using a small saucepan, pour in the tomatoes, the seasonings. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Your done and ready to serve this light fresh meal you will love! Place a spoonful of spaghetti squash into a wide bowl, top with a ladle of sauce, then add some fresh shredded Parmesan cheese on top!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.