Making a Homemade Diary
A step by step guide to make your very own handcrafted personal diary!
Approximate Time: about an hour
- an old diary
- scraps of cloth
- thread and needle
- buttons, beads, and other decoratives
- Take a piece of cloth, a bit wider and more than double the length of the diary; it'll make for the base. Fold it lengthwise, place the diary on it, and mark out the top and bottom with a pencil, as shown. Then, cut along the marking lines.
- Stitch the edges of the cut-out. Then, fold the cloth around the diary, as shown, and stitch the edges, forming sort of a pocket where the cover of the diary can slip in (this way, if the cloth gets dirty, it can be easily removed and washed).
- Similarly, stitch the pocket covering the back of the diary.The base is now ready. Slide the diary inside it.
- Stitch colorful scraps of cloth on top of the base to finish off the craft. ( I even stitched some buttons and added a pocket to keep my pen.)
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.