DogsPets

Bandit (Poodle, German Bearded Collie X)

Category Dogs

This is my dear old dog Bandit. He is 15 now. We rescued him from a shelter, just sat up in the corner saying "Pick me! pick me!" and we are so glad we did. He is smart and does tricks like waving Bye bye, plays dead and gets up on the count of 3, high 5's, etc.

When I take him in the car, I say "Guard the car." and nobody dare to get in! He still likes to go for walks, just a bit shorter ones and not too many hills. We don't know what he is, but some poodle, German Bearded Collie, and ? He doesn't shed and has such lovely soft long hair.

By Betty R.

Bandit makes me smile everytime I look at him. He looks like a wonderful character. So glad that he's been able to be part of your life for so many years and thanks for rescuing him.
Susan from ThriftyFun

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cutie! I used to have a bearded collie, and I can definitely see the breed in there. That beautiful, long flowing fur, and that smart, inquisitive look. Bandit is adorable. Thanks for posting this picture.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

what a gorgeous dog!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A delightful picture. Makes me want to come play in the leaves with Bandit. Thanks for sharing this picture. GGVi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That is one of the nicest dogs I ever saw.
Such a beautiful face. Lucky the owners who have him.
I wish some trouble free years for Bandit yet and
many dog cookies, play times and walk times,
good sleeps and chacing squirrels.
My best to Bandit and Betty.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you all for the lovely comments!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I have known Bandit for many years and am convinced that he is the smartest dog in the world. Just look at that face! He loves to roar around his yard and keep watch on the chicken coop. I am convinced that if we could determine his breeding lines, we would like to have a clone of him. He loves to do his amazing tricks in the presence of other dogs: just to show
his skill at getting treats. While the others drool and envy, he rolls over and laughs at them.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This also brings me to tears. One look at that face--that is Dutchess. I got Dutchess (pure Bearded collie) when she was 13--the owner claimed that she was 3. Poor dog. Her leg was wet from being licked, she was almost blind in one eye, too old, we had to put her to sleep after about 2 months. It was a sad day.

He just might have some Lhasa Apso in him--My currant dog Misty is Lhasa Apso, Scottie and Jack Russell. The Lhasa Apso that could be in her instantly rang a bell.

Little T

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Dear Natalia, I am so sorry to hear about Dutchess. Thank you for your info about what else Bandit might be. Thanks to JC also for your memories - all too true, our favourite campground thing, doing tricks with all the dogs - Bandit got most of the cookies!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful dog" Bandit "is! He dosn't look 15yrs. old. He must bring you many Happy moments! God Bless you with many more!

Reply Like this photo? Yes