Making a Lego Table

I am wanting to make a Lego table for older kids (not preschoolers). Ideally I am thinking of using a table with a drawer in it, and gluing the Lego base plates too it. But, I am open to suggestions. Has anyone made one? How did it turn out? Any suggestions or regrets?

By mom-from-missouri from NW, MO

I have never made one, and never could afford a 'real' Lego table for the boys, wishing I had thought of making one!
It would be great if you could find an old end table with either a drawer or an under cabinet, or both, paint in Lego colors, and then glue the bases down (or use velcro attachement, in case you want to remove them later).
I think it would come out great!
Best of luck to you!

My son and daughter in law made my granddaughter a lego table for Christmas and it's very, very nice. They took two of the plastic tote drawers and purchased the two or three lego squares (don't remember exactly how many they did use, and the attached the lego squares to a piece of plywood, and cut it the width of the drawers, and just placed it on top of them.

A chair sets easily between the two and the drawers have the small baskets in them to keep the legos sorted by sizes, colors etc. They got the idea from familyfun.com. It was very easy to make and looks great in Chloe's room.

Crafts Crafts For KidsMay 13, 2012
📓
🌻
🐛