Templates for Quilt Pieces

Category Quilting

For drawing quilting paper-pieced blocks, I take a piece of template plastic (available at Joann's very cheap), and then cut small grooves using an Exacto knife and a cutting mat, corresponding to the lines of the pattern. Instead of making copies on a copy machine, I use any type of paper (I have even used newspaper), and a pen or Sharpie, and draw the lines! Not only do I have unlimited copies this way, but I can keep the template for future projects of the same pattern.

By Levada

I go to the dollar store and buy the flexible food cutting mats to make templates. They are 2 for $1 and you don't need to fret if you make a mistake.