Problems Opening Microsoft Office

Does my laptop need internet access to open my newly installed Microsoft Office program, or did I do something wrong?

By sh

Check the box for requirements and see if it says you need internet access to install. In the past the answer would be NO but I haven't installed a newer version of Office in a couple years. If you have no box check any of the documentation for "Install Requirements".

You do need internet access to update MS Office and to download accessories but the install should be pretty stand alone. Unless Microsoft is under the impression everyone has internet access and with such infinite knowledge took it upon themselves to use short cuts on their install software via the internet.