Decorating an Office

I am turning my office space at home into a "creativity room" so I wanted to spice up the filing cabinet. I added some left over wrapping paper to the top and front and livened it up!

Total Time: 10 minutes

• wrapping paper or pretty stationary
  • spray adhesive
  • scissors
  • ruler

1. I just measured the top and decided where I wanted to place some of the paper along the front of the drawers. You can choose to cover the entire drawer if you'd like!
  2. I sprayed the cabinet lightly, then the back of the paper lightly and let both dry. Then I carefully lined up the paper to the drawer.
  3. The great thing about spray adhesive is that it is rubber cement based so it can probably be repositioned if needed. I know I did it and it worked. I also think it also won't ruin the cabinet finish, so it can be used for a work cabinet.
  4. The fun part is that you can easily change it for the seasons or holidays too! Just use a different print. Fun

More Solutions

Being in Alaska 5 times has made me fall in love with bears, moose, and all things Alaska, so I decided to put all my Alaska stuff together in the corner where I will sit and either watch Netflix on the computer, or crochet, or both.

My Alaska Corner

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

4 Questions

I am interested in finding neat ideas for office decorations - pictures, etc. I want to maintain a very professional office, but don't have a lot of funds to decorate.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Currently my office is a bad impression of the early 70s. Yuck!

Answers

I just bought some cute Successories framed posters for my home office off of ebay - 5 x 7, but had motivating sayings on them, and pretty artwork. They were less expensive than buying them at a Successories store... I got 2 for less than $15.00. But, if you're good with a computer and have a nice printer, maybe you could make your own? Just a thought. I'll be checking back to see what others think... My office is always being improved!!

i always wanted to do this ; homokaasu.org/.../
Look thru the galleries to get an idea of what's going on .
If you use the tool they like you to take an actual snapshot of your finished work & send it to them so they can add it to their gallery collection -- you can donate if you like too ...

By Linda (Guest Post)

Get some contemporary pictures at a poster store, a frame shop or even a store like Michaels. Ikea also has great stuff. Plants are a great thing to have in an office if you keep them alive and healthy. Most plants love flourescent lite, too.

By Kim (Guest Post)

Hello,
I'm interesting in renovating and decorating our doctors office with new carpet, painting, new leather lobby chairs, and new beds for our patients. Can you please give me some ideas for a color scheme, places to consult for lobby chairs or just ideas you may have to offer. The type of office it is is a clinic type setting. Please give me some feedback. Thank you, Kim

Answer this Question

I have these chocolate brown drapes with valance which were used for a few months and then packed up for our out of state move. With a new place I was wanting a few suggestions as to what wall color would go well with them.

I am wanting grays, for the study/office room space.
Thanks!

By Amber

Answers

You could go with a light blue-gray for the paint. This would go well with these and lighten up the room and bring out the color. Before choosing the exact gray color to use visit a paint store and bring home a few samples. Check the color next to the drapes and then go with this color.

A light gray would make the room look larger

Answer this Question
Business and Legal BusinessJanuary 9, 2015
🎂
🌻
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf87719868.tip.html