Homemade Febreze Recipes (Fabric Freshener)

1
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Generic Blue Spray BottleI have two dogs, three children, and a husband and sometimes in our muggy maritime weather our home can get a little musty smelling. Febreze does not cut it. I find that it will freshen but the smell only lasts a few hours and with our very humid environment, Febreze does not dry. So I came up with this great home-made Febreze. It really works. I use it in my vehicles as well. All you need are some few simple products that you should already have in your home.

Directions:

Mix those three ingredients and there you go, your own home-made Febreze. The fresh smell lasts a long time, plus it is a bit of a money saver on your wallet, especially with three kids and two dogs. Enjoy!

More Solutions

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 433 Posts

Febreze can cost up to 8.00 a bottle. Try this homemade fabric refresher. It works great on pet smells too. Just use an empty spray bottle, add a cup of water, 1 tsp baking soda, and one tablespoon of fabric softener.

Shake well. Spray clothes, furniture, and carpets. It works wonders. I love the stuff.

Combine one cup warm water with baking soda and fabric softener.

Mix with 1-2 cups of hot water, enough hot water to fill spray bottle. Shake bottle well and wait till crystals dissolve. This makes your home smell wonderful.

With 3 dogs and 5 kids, it's hard to keep stuff smelling nice. Febreeze is about $8-10 dollars a bottle, so I make my own.

Ingredients for homemade linen spray

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

Here is how to make Faux Febreze:

15 Questions

Does anyone have a recipe for homemade Febreze?

By judy oliver from Ontario, Canada

Answers

Best Answer

Homemade Febreze

1 cup of water
1 Tbs of fabric softener (Downy Lavender)
1 Tbs of rubbing alcohol

Mixed in a spray bottle.

Answer this Question

How do you make homemade Febreze?

By Angella

Answers

Best Answer

Don't. Febreze just masks the smell despite what their amazing animations depict. You know what I mean when you have that one item, that despite being sprayed a million times, still smells. Invest in a steam cleaner. A portable one. Maybe 30 or 40 bucks. It won't leave your home smelling like flowers (candles or plug ins are a good solution) but it'll destroy the odours and most importantly, it'll actually clean plus sanitize as a bonus.

They're great for cleaning furniture as they penetrate deep down. You'll save a bundle on dry cleaning on it's own. I mean, you will have to actually dry clean items once in a while but I can wear a suit 7 or 8 times before I take it in because I steam the pants/jacket once I get home so it's fresh before I even stick it back in the closet.

Remember to keep the actually steam cleaner itself clean too. The water from your tap will leave calcium build-up and eventually start to smell. CLR once in a while will deal with that problem nicely.

Answer this Question

I have a sample of Febreze; how can I make it myself?

By Mary G.

Answers

I use diluted fabric softener in a spray bottle. It works great and makes lots. I use a Downy scent I bought on sale.

Answer this Question

I have a small laundry shop business and I use only Downy for making clothes smell good, but the problem is the smell of the clothes lasts only 2 to 3 hours.

By Gretch from Philippines, Dipolog City Zambo del Norte

Answer this Question

If you're looking for a really cheap, but effective alternative to Febreeze, try this:

I love using Febreze Fabric Freshener but have found it to be quite expensive when used constantly. So, I decided to make my own Fabric Freshener and it is less costly.

A nice and inexpensive olfactory treat is to 'scent freshen' clothing. All you have to do is make a spray bottle mixture of two cups water with 6 or more drops of your favorite essential oil.

What is the recipe for do-it-yourself fabric freshener? the store bought ones are so expensive and super smelly. I saw one with vinegar, water and something else. I forget the amounts of each.

Make your own fabric freshener by pouring 4 fluid ounces of concentrated fabric softener into a spray bottle and dilute it with warm water. Wait for the solution to cool and then spray to make things smell nice and fresh.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes DeodorizersOctober 13, 2011
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf123018.tip.html