Cleaning ToolsCleaning

Bagless Vacuum Build-Up - Cleaning a Bagless Vacuum

Is there any way to clean the middle inside part of a bagless vacuum? You know the center of the canister where the holes are? There's a build-up of fine dust and I just can't get it spick n' span. I've tried vacuuming over baking soda, and putting a half dryer sheet in the canister, but neither idea worked.

Tressa

i have a bagless vacuum cleaner, and all of its parts are removable. try giving it a twist counter-clockwise.
most of the time, all parts can be taken out and rinsed and dried, then replace. walaaaa!!!

What a good suggestion. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks so much for responding.

Tressa

Mine doesn't come out so I use a toothbrush to clean mine, it's a mess, I'm almost sorry I got one.

I had a problem with my Bagless Vacuum cleaner. While I was Vacuuming the motor stopped all on a sudden and never start again. I tried cleaning the it even then no luck.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.??
Kevin

I use the canned air that you would use for a computer to clean the filter...do this outside tho..makes things dusty

I have a bagless vacuum cleaner and I love it! Whenever I empty the canister I use a small paintbrush to loosen and brush out the dust that gets stuck in corners & grooves. I also get my husband to use his air compressor to blow out all the filters and canister two or three times a month.
You also need to remember to make sure to check the roller each time you finish vacuuming and remove any strings, hair or other materials that get caught up in it. This can help prevent the drive belt from "burning up" and will prolong the life of the machine.

Another way to help the vacuum last longer is to make sure to change filters as often as the manufactor recommends.

I have tried to post this 3 times and my computer keeps blanking me out, so I will make this quick. I have an indoor/outdoor vaccum that does a wonderful job on cleaning the filter on the bagless vaccum. Just take it out and vaccum the crevis on the filter and should be clean as it was when new. I do have 2 Kirbys which are the cadillac of vaccums and they do a wonderful job which I sometimes use afterwards. Just a tip for a cleaner job of cleaning the filter.

I thought I had posted this earlier but I do not see it. To avoid the dust getting all over when you empty the bagless vaccum spray the inside of a plastic bag with water and put it around the container tightly when you empty it and you will not have dust all over. It will stick to the plastic bag instead.