Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing a Perspiration Stain from Clothing

I am trying to get a perspiration stain out on a dress. I can't use bleach and Oxi-clean did not work.

By Mona

Did you try just straight lemon juice on it? It works for me. I have posted it before.Also a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice(enough to make a paste) helps. Good luck I hope this helps.

This sometimes (but not always) works for me: Dampen the area, then sprinkle on a little baking soda. Squirt on some blue Dawn dish soap. Rub gently together and let sit a few minutes, then launder as usual. Do not put in the dryer, as it may set the stain. May have to repeat a few times. Air dry indoors or out. Good luck!

I had this problem a little while back and posted it on thriftyfun asking for help.

The best solution that really works is to soak the stain in straight white vinegar, just pour it on - do not dilute with water - leave it for about 1/2 hour then either toss in the washing machine with your other laundry or allow to soak in warm water until such time you are doing the laundry.

White vinegar. Soak the areas in white vinegar. (I wouldn't soak the whole garment, just the spots themselves.) It will remove the smell and the stain even on old stains. Vinegar is incredible stuff. It will also remove dried on paint off paint brushes (soak a day or two), etc.