Softening Ice Melt

How can I soften ice melt? I bought a 20 pound bag last year, and it is in one solid block now. Is there any way to put it back to it's original state, other than chopping it up?

Linda J. from Brooklyn, NY

Linda,
I think the only thing that you can use would be a spade/shovel or just drop the bag on the concrete to break it. I think pouring anything on it would make the situation worse.
My 2¢
~Dawn

http://www.frugalforlife.com

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)

I have the same problem you've described. I do what the previous person mentioned. I sometimes wish I had an ice pick to break up the grains. We must fine water proof containers to store our product because over the summer it collects moisture from the air. (sigh)

Good luck