Saving MoneyBudget & Finance

Sending Complements to Manufacturers

Category Saving Money

I found that if you write to manufacturers of toiletries and tell them that you enjoy their product, they will often send out coupons for those products for free (it's worth the cost of the stamp).

By Chris A from Syracuse, NY

These "Thank You's" can be done on a postcard to save some money on stamps, as postcards require less postage than regular first class mail. Also, sometimes by doing these "Thank You's" online they get the same effect. One more bit of info, is that you can compliment any company, not just toiletrie companies. I've gotten lots of different stuff from companies by doing this. Anything from cookbooks, regular manufacturers coupons, recipe pamphlets, completely Free Product coupons, free samples, to little gifts. Some companies aren't generous and will simply reply with a "Thank You for buying our product." It never hurts to try, though. Maybe a "Thank You" from time to time might convince a company to keep a product on their marketing line a while longer.

I also complained one time about a batch of diapers I had. The company sent a reply with a free coupon for a bag of diapers.

If there is something that you DON'T like about a product, sometimes they'll reward you for letting them know. I guess it's good for thier marketing

I do this myself, I like to let companies know either my satisfaction or dissatisfaction and it has yielded nice coupons and some for free items. I write online "notes". One company sent me a case of their canned goods plus a very nice cookbook!