Cross StitchNeedlework

Thread Color Suggestions for Cross Stitch Project

I need thread color suggestions for blue eyes and light colored red hair. I am making something for "A". Her eyes are light blue and her hair is light orange/red. Any suggestions?

By Jackie from Millport, AL

Anonymous

You could look at cross stitch pattern books to see what color they use for blue eyes. Another suggestion is to take a picture of the person to the store with you and try to match up the hair and eye colors with the picture.

Here is an online chart that I have used to compare colors to what I already had on hand. If you don't already have any colors that you like, I agree with Fortunately to look at other patterns via online or check with your local library. They always use several colors to make a nice blend.

http://yarntree … /075dmcolors.jpg

You can click on the picture for a close up. I'm sure there are more colors available in the stores, but this chart has been handy at times.