SearchingInternet Tips

Website To Help Plan a Trip from Oklahoma to Spokane

I am a 48 year old female and am going to drive from Oklahoma to Spokane WA with 2 dogs. I am looking for a site that would not only map my way, but give me places to stay every 350 miles that are pet friendly so I can call ahead. Any advise? Thanks!

By Lori from Tulsa, OK

Do you belong to AAA? It's well worth the money every year to pay the dues. They have maps, and will make you a trip ticket. They could also find out places for you to stay that are pet friendly.

It appears that the trip from Tulsa to Spokane is approx. 1780. miles; although there is mapping software available, I agree with MCW.... either join AAA or seek a friend who is a member for the trip ticket....
http://www.road  rip-planning.htm
According to Microsoft Streets & Trips, the calculated trip is as follows:
1780 miles; 4 days, 5.5hrs
Driving time: 25hrs, 1 minute

Fuel costs: $264 [based on $4/gallon @17mpg City and 27mpg Highway]
1st day:354.3 miles
2nd day:353.9 miles
3rd day: 358.9 miles
4th day:358.4 miles
5th day: 351.2 miles
Email me and I can send you the routing and itinerary if you want.

Cheers, have a nice trip

btw...this route includes a 15 minute stop every 90 minutes. :)

I only have one piece of advice and I suppose it depends on each town/city's Chamber of Commerce but several years ago while taking a trip (with our dog), when we arrived in each town I asked at the local Chamber of Commerce and not only did they know where dogs were allowed but in some cases called while I waited to check on vacancies/rates etc.

Have a safe and happy trip.

You can use Mapquest.com or google maps for free. Google maps is a little more user friendly and its easier to reroute for small sections of road than mapquest. For each town along the way on these sites, there will be hotel advertisements. You can call these hotels ahead of time to find out if they are pet friendly or if they know of a hotel in the area that is. Be sure to print the route on the way back, as there will be different exits and turns for the way back as well. I hope this helps!! Have a good trip!!

Hi Lori, I live in Tulsa also.I just got back from Arizona today, I drive out there & back at least once a year to visit family & the last 4 years I've had a dog I take with me. Several hotels/motels will allow pets, but most of them that do only allow small dogs up to a certain weight(25lb?) & several charge a $20-25 fee. If you don't want to pay to join AAA(a good deal,especially since you are driving-what if you break down or get a flat), several of the travel websites that let you search for hotels will give the option of finding a place that accepts pets.

If you don't know these travel sites, send me a message & I'll send you links to some.

That being said - I don't mess with those sites most of the time anymore because I usually drive until I'm ready to stop. I just automatically look for a Motel 6 to stay at. Motel 6 allows dogs & they do not charge a fee or have a weight requirement! Only thing is, if you don't make reservations ahead of time, you could end up on the 2nd floor & have to haul your dogs up the stairs!