Hot Glue for Gift Wrapping

After running out of tape during a Christmas present wrapping marathon I decided to try hot glue. It worked so well I haven't used tape since. Over the years this is what I have found that works best for me: Use the low temperature setting as the high will distort the paper. High temperature works great for thicker paper though (brown kraft paper for ex.).

The low temperature is also great for attaching tags, candy canes, ribbons, ornaments, etc. to the package.

Now here is the best part. If you are truly thrifty and save wrapping paper, the hot glued paper doesn't tear as badly as taped wrapping paper (most of the time it doesn't tear at all!) so there is more paper to reuse.

By Kristine

In the Dollar store they sell glue sticks for about the same price as Scotch Tape. I buy several and when ready to tape, I use the glue stick on both sides of seam. and ends. Voila! No more tangled, stuck together tape nor cutting it way to long or short. And they last longer for economy.

Gladys Hill

This sounds like a great idea. I'm wrapping gifts tonight!