Removing Lint from Clothing

My cleaning lady washed some sheets that had some Kleenex with them. I believe it shredded and when I used the washing machine to wash a dark load, the Kleenex got all over the clothes. Two black pair of women's pants are now impossible to get clean. The pair that is a linen blend can only be cleaned with my fingernail and it is coated with lint.

I washed the clothes twice after this happened and most of the blouses are pretty lint free after being dried, but the two black pairs of pants are impossible. I needed these particular clothes for a forthcoming vacation trip and I am sure there must be something that will remove the Kleenex lint. I have never had this problem before when there was a little Kleenex left in a pants pocket. The only other thing that it might be is the lint from a washed rug, but I don't see any rugs that have just been washed by my cleaning lady. Help!

By Pat from Los Angeles

A hand held 3M Lint Roller works for me when I leave paper in the pocket of my black pants. Lay out the pants on an ironing board and roll away.

If the Lint Roller that nineleven47 suggested doesn't work, take them to the Dry Cleaners. They can probably get it off.

Go to the fabric part of the store and buy some net. It doesn't matter what color you get. I use about a yard or two. Ball it up and add to the dryer. The net gets all the lint off. The smaller the holes in the net the better

I put about one cup of vinegar to a washer of clothes that have lint on them and then rinse away.

I put tape on my black clothes any kind of tape except duct tape. I tape up my black clothing including black jeans and pants, then i remove the tape. The tape will get enough lint off that no one will be able to notice. It works for me. I hope it works for you too.

Anonymous

can use shaver like a cheap bic...carefully go over areas...

Anonymous

How do I get lint out of nylon pajamas that got washed with a white towel?