Smoke Stained Wall?

Hello, Can some one help me? I have a smoke stained wall. Is there any thing that can get it out?

Thanks,

raven46588

By Marn (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Paint it with KILZ. If you paint it with anything else, the nicotine will bleed through the paint. You can even ask the paint department/store to tint it the color you prefer the wall to be.

If you want to remove smoke stains from your walls, etc, and do so effortlessly - try Proctor & Gambles "Dawn Professional Heavy Duty Degeaser". Spray it on and it acts immediately, wash off with damp cloth. May need to be repeated depending on your individual needs. A little expensive but dang we'll worth the money & time invested. You will NOT be disappointed. It's that easy!

By Gary (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You have to use oil based Kilz, not the latex. The stain will bleed through the latex Kilz. I learned this the hard way, after 3 coats of latex.

By Marlene (Guest Post)

If you paint your wall and use a really good primer/sealer first,you should have no problem.

By Peggy (Guest Post)

If I paint with KILZ would I have to first use a primer or wash walls? This is for smoke from woodburning fireplace.

i smoke and i can not get the smoke stain off my walls

Use a product called Spray Nine. My sister tried it and works Great! No scrubbing. Just spray on walls and wipe off. You will be amazed. You can get it on line or at Ace Hardware.

I clean houses for a living for nicotine stains use Grease Lightning you can get it at Lowe's, Walmart or Dollar general... Spray from top close to ceiling and wipe it off try not to let it run down wall you will have streaks..

it works great on cigarette smoke...

By rodriquez (Guest Post)

i need some one to give me a idea on what to use to get smoke from a fire off my walls.
please help!

APC-120 for walls and Versitol..probably buy from Home Depo Or Hard ware store

By Kristen (Guest Post)

Wash the wall with Hot soap and water and then go over it with a Mr. Clean magic eraser

I use bleach and water and I squirt lemon juice in it also. Has always worked for me!

I helped a friend with her rental. Tenants were smokers and had lived there 15 years. Trying to ready the house for sale we had to get that smell out. She used a product called Super Purple. It's a degreaser. It cleaned the nicotine off in one cleaning. Keep in mind this stuff removes everything if left on too long.

It's a great cleaner. The minute you spray it on the nicotine will run immediately. No need to leave the Super Purple on for a long period of time, so dont. I was shocked at how clean it was and once we removed the rags and dirty water the room smelled fresh.

Home and Garden Cleaning WallsMarch 15, 2005
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf175645.tip.html