Home SellingBudget & Finance

Real Estate Short Sale Process

Has anyone gone through a short sale of their home and if so how long did it take to close the deal? I have to give possession at closing, but am living in the house. I need to know a timeframe of how long it takes so I can have time to find an apartment.

By fancy61 from Northern Dayton Area, OH

Ask your bank or mortage company that you have the mortage through. They are the ones that decide whether or not to accept an offer, and from what I have seen on HGTV, they can take how ever long they want to.

The best way to find out is ask the real estate agent and/or the bank loan officer. Personally, I would ask both.