NeedleworkCrafts

Patterns For Plastic Canvas Whirly Gigs

I am looking for patterns for plastic canvas to make whirly gigs. The things you hang off your porch (for instance) that the wind twirls around. They might be called something else, not sure. Can anyone help me? I am also new to using a PC and would like to be directed to some sites that might have patterns or info. Thanks! I LOVE this site!

Linda from Adirondack Mtns, NYS

I think this is what your looking for, this was posted in thrifty fun earlier

RE: Wind Spinner Patterns Using Canvas and Beads
Post By Jane (Guest Post) (02/18/2008)

I found a pattern at: http://www.craf  ca/garden18.html

I copied this address right from the instructions. This is for a Conch shell twirler made from Plastic canvas and beads. Hope this works!

By Connie Acree (Guest Post)

Hi, I just go to the search bar at the top and type in whatever it is I am looking for. I ask questions there also. There are lots of free patterns. For example, type in "free patterns for plastic canvas whirly gigs." You may find what you are looking for. Good luck.

By Tammt Albright (Guest Post)

http://www.maki  _wind_chimes.htm

not sure if this is a different pattern or not

By Sally (Guest Post)

If anyone responds, would it be possible for you to forward the directions to me, please? I sent for a pattern years age and put in a "safe place" until I was ready for it. You guessed it---it is so safe that even don't know where I put it.

I would appreciate it. Thanks, Sally. In case my email doesn't appear, it is dalvet AT yahoo.com Please put whirligig on the subject line. I'm scared to open mail from people I don't recognize. Thanks again

By lisa (Guest Post)

I need the patterns to this because I would like to make one for my brother in law's birthday.

I also have a hunt if anyone can help. I use to make a whirly jig with a center wire beads and cut plastic sorta sheets with holes in it like all colors the size of a piece of paper and I'd have to cut strips to use and beads in between I can't find my pattern and can't remember how to do it.

I also colored string I used just simply cant recall how to do it. I know I had to cut the plastic sheets into strips 2 of each size with 5 squares per strip any one? Thank you I old guess my brain is farting. Thanks for help.

The updated url for the twirler patterns on my site is: http://www.craf  ca/tag/twirlers/

Hope you find what you are looking for.