Free Plastic Canvas Patterns

Plastic canvas is a fun and easy craft used for making many different projects. This is a page about free plastic canvas patterns.

I'm trying to make up my own patterns for photo frames and gift bags and for some reason can never get the right ratio of stitches. I end up short at the end of a row with not enough stitches to complete the design. I use the 7 mesh canvas. For some reason I just can't figure out how many stitches to use! I've tried to use graph paper to pencil in the design, but it never comes out right when I'm stitching it. Should the canvas be cut in odd numbers or even?

Answers

Best Answer

There are so many sites that offer free patterns but none of them actually tell you how to make your own and have it come out right. I did find a good step-by-step tutorial on eHow that should do the trick for you. Check this out and see if this will help you get the pattern correct. www.ehow.com/how_7778432_make-own-plastic-canvas...

Does anyone know where I can get plastic canvas patterns for free? I would like to have a pumpkin for next month. I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

By beverly from Parkersburg, WV

Answers

www.allcrafts.net/plcanvas.htm

One of my favorite sites is www.freepatterns.com/
It's free to sign up and also has several other crafts too, like crochet, knit, paper, etc.

They wouldn't be free but they would be cheap. I just bought a stack of Plastic Canvas magazines for my mother frm a used book store. I also dropped off a bunch to that store that she no longer wanted. Check the stores in your area.

There are some here
Halloween Index
www.mountainharmony.com/.../mhc_halloween.htm

I Googled "free plastic canvas pumpkin pattern" and there were a lot of sites that came up. You will have to look through to find which pumpkin you want to make.

Thank you for the info. It was a great help. Issie

I adore plastic canvas patterns and would appreciate some free issues of plastic canvas magazines

I love needlepoint on plastic canvas and have been doing this hobby for years. I would love to get some new ideas, patterns? Any suggestions?

By Diana

Answers

Good luck. My mother does plastic canvas. On a rare occasion she finds patterns at some of the craft stores: Hobby Lobby and Michaels have a few sometimes. I have also been lucky at finding her patterns in book form at used book stores.

There are several sites online with free needlepoint (called tapestry over here in the UK) patterns, try this one for starters-the guide posts a lot of great info and patterns for plastic canvas, too, and she also posts links to other sources of free patterns on the 'Net:

needlepoint.about.com/

Your local library is also a good source for free patterns, look for plastic canvas specific books, but also at needlepoint charts, and even cross-stitch for patterns and inspiration. I've used needlepoint and cross-stich charts for plastic canvas patterns for years:)

Try www.Freepatterns.com, or www.Allcrafts.net (click on free patterns)
www.everythingplasticcanvas.com has lots of very reasonably priced books, leaflets and supplies

www.anniesattic.com also sells some plastic canvas kits/supplies

I would like to make a gift for someone, on plastic canvas, of a bowling pin. I was wondering if anyone can help me find a pattern that I can transfer onto plastic canvas or maybe any cross stitch pattern that I can use. Also any information on where I can get pdf instructions on how to sew on plastic canvas, basically doing the lettering. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Answers

Here is a bowling ball and pin set I have found that is a PDF file you can download. Included are the instructions for you. This is adorable and you can change the color of the bowling ball if you wish.

www.etsystudio.com/.../bowling-coaster-set-plastic-canvas

Dream a Little Bigger has some wonderful instructions and illustrations on what you are looking for. They explain everything you will need to know to make your project and how to sew on plastic canvas.

www.dreamalittlebigger.com/.../how-to-stitch-plastic-canvas.html

Does anyone know where I can find a plastic canvas pattern of a man with movable arms?

Florence

Answers

www.plastic-canvas.com/
Maybe you can find one here. Or email them,they might help you find what you need. GG Vi

Does anyone know where I can obtain free plastic canvas play food and other play kitchen patterns? I want to make some for my granddaughter.

By Nita Schobert

Answers:

Where Can I Get Free Plastic Canvas Patterns?

Don't know of any free patterns but I can recommend you check out a local used book store. Just recently bought several Plastic Canvas magazines for my mother real cheap. (04/26/2010)

By Suntydt

Try freepattern.com they might have some. I get all sorts of patterns for plastic canvas, crafts, knitting etc. at this site. (04/26/2010)

By Debbie

http://bestlinkup.net/results/free-plastic-canvas-crafts

http://www.4thefort.com/fort/Holiday+Food.aspx

I hope this helps! Christine from MO. (04/26/2010)

By Christine Sonnenberg

Crafts Needlework Plastic Canvas CraftsJanuary 20, 2013
🌻
👒
😷
👔
🐛

Generated 2020-05-08 18:44:19 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️