Designing Patterns Using Plastic Canvas

I'm trying to make up my own patterns for photo frames and gift bags and for some reason can never get the right ratio of stitches. I end up short at the end of a row with not enough stitches to complete the design. I use the 7 mesh canvas. For some reason I just can't figure out how many stitches to use! I've tried to use graph paper to pencil in the design, but it never comes out right when I'm stitching it. Should the canvas be cut in odd numbers or even?

There are so many sites that offer free patterns but none of them actually tell you how to make your own and have it come out right. I did find a good step-by-step tutorial on eHow that should do the trick for you. Check this out and see if this will help you get the pattern correct. www.ehow.com/how_7778432_make-own-plastic-canvas...

Crafts Needlework Plastic Canvas CraftsJanuary 12, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 10:28:22 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Plastic Canvas CraftsNeedlework