Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas

A material that is easy to work with and can be used to create a variety of things. This page contains plastic craft ideas.

This is a Christmas gift I made. It is napkin holder made with plastic canvas. The second picture is another plastic canvas craft I made for Christmas. It is a wall or door hanger. This one is a fairly easy project.

By Pico from St. Paul, Alberta

This is a tissue box cover and coaster holder with 6 matching coasters.

By Cricket

This is a plastic canvas project. It is derived from a pattern for a tissue box cover, and can be adjusted to go with any tissue box cover pattern you want to use. These are the changes I am making to the pattern.

plastic canvas box

A package of 10 plastic cross stitch star patterns cost me about $2. I was given a bunch of yarn and I made up my own patterns. I did all ten at once.

Variety of star patterns completed.

I purchased a spice rack with a pineapple motif done in needlepoint on the front. I didn't particularly like the pineapple motif so I removed the plastic canvas piece.

I was looking all over for something to put in its place.

University of Georgia Dawgs motif

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Following the instructions in the booklet, I made the letters that spelled out each of my childrens' names. I glued googly eyes tiny pom pom noses onto each of them. Then I attached a magnet to the back of each one.

glue on eyes and nose

Salvaging Smelly Plastic Canvas. If you get plastic canvas that smells bad, try putting it in a sink full of hot water and dish soap. Let it set for an hour, take it out and put it on a towel. This also works with plastic canvas that is not flat.

Want a simple craft to do for the novice crafter? Try plastic canvas. The canvas is inexpensive and you can get really nice yarn cheap or free from freecycle sometimes.

I had a pattern for a 3-D bird that my daughter wanted to use for decorating the hall at her wedding. I took it a bit further and redesigned it to make candle holders for the tables.

I wanted to see if I could crochet on plastic canvas without any sewing and ended up with this trinket box made on 5-mesh plastic canvas. I used a size D crochet hook so it would fit through the holes and worsted weight yarn.

Light blue trinket box.

I haven't made my project yet so can't send a picture. I just got done cutting the pieces out and will start stitching it tomorrow.

After seeing some pictures of Japanese plastic canvas, I got out my worsted weight yarn, my plastic canvas, a needle and whipped up a pattern for the flower. I hope those of you who do plastic canvas or design your own, will be able to make use of it.

Finished flower.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm looking for the letter "A" in English style in plastic canvas? Any suggestions?

By Diana

Answers

Go to http://stencilletters.org Print and create a free stencil and proceed from there. Good luck.

Does anyone know where I can find a plastic canvas pattern of a man with movable arms?

Florence

Answers

www.plastic-canvas.com/
Maybe you can find one here. Or email them,they might help you find what you need. GG Vi

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for a deer or a black bear in plastic canvas?

Vicky from Canadensis, PA

Answers

Here is one link:
www.craftdesigns4you.com/pcdeerset.htm

Also try this one - they had a lot of different styles

http://www.freepatterns.com

I'm looking for a plastic canvas pattern for the Detroit Red Wings.

By Isabella

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

I designed this ribbon for a teacher at the preschool. I made the baby one first, then the teacher did not want a bow on top of hers. I took a picture of the school then cut and colored mine to match.

By Randa Wagner

Plastic canvas letter ribbons.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

This page contains plastic canvas purse patterns. A flexible material that can be fashioned into many useful things.

Plastic Canvas Purse

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Load More

Crafts Needlework Plastic Canvas CraftsMay 1, 2013
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Plastic-Canvas-Craft-Ideas.html