GardenPhotos

Lawn Watering Tip!

Category Garden

Don't water your lawn at 1 in the afternoon when it's 86 degrees. We have had no rain to speak of in more than 2 months.

wateringtip.jpg

By April

Editor's Note: To limit evaporation, only water in the early morning or in the evening when it is cooler.

I never water my lawn. The water bill is high enough as it is. We do have a lot of rain in the spring and the beginning of the summer. Sometimes we have a lengthy dry spell later in the summer but, fall brings rain again. I live in northern Wisconsin.

By Ellen (Guest Post)

I live in the panhandle of WV and it is dry, dry and drier. We have water prohibition going on. Also, they have built so many new houses here that the water supply is not good. I only water in the early morning due to mold and mildew that grow on wet lawn and plants overnight and I use a soaker hose as much as possible. I also use those moisture pellets in my potted plants. Does anyone use one of those moisture meters ? Do they work? A timer for your watering is also a good idea.

Ellen

You should only water your Lawn in the early morning. Evening watering will let the water sit on the lawn overnight. Which could make it haror disease. Same goes for watering your plants.
:)