Saving Children's Schoolwork

Years ago when my kids started school every year I took a picture of each of them the first day of school. I taped the picture to a large manila folder. I wrote on the outside the teachers name, school, and who were the friends at that time. I also made a note of the answer when asked "What do I want to be when I grow up?".

All year long I collected mementos from the school year - even kept the autographed picture of McGyver, and a sketch my son did wanting to skip school and go fishing that he got in trouble for doing in class.

I kept each of these manila folders in a box together. I plowed through them last year and created a school scrap book for each. What an amazing time travel I had and both of them got teary eyed when I gave them their books for Christmas.

By Meemaw

6 More Solutions

As our children grow, we save a lot of the "odd" things they make at school, church, etc. In scrapbooking, it is impossible to include most of those items. So do the next best thing and then you can scrapbook it and "scrap it" too!

I have 3 kids in school. It gets to be too much trying to save school work for them. What we do is this: Every August we decorate our own "school boxes".

I keep a three ring binder with my kids' school papers that I will need for future reference. For example: medication permit forms, schedule of events, concert announcements, classroom parties, etc.

I recycle my children's school papers. I don't have room for them all. However, if I find a recipe or project idea on the Internet that I want to print out, I use those school papers. I get to keep them and not have them take up unnecessary space.

I am in need of some ideas for what to do with my daughter's school papers that she brings home.

Tips for saving and storing school papers. Post your ideas.

Organizing PaperworkDecember 28, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf212868.tip.html