Use Phone Book Pages for Paper Piecing

Use pages from your old phone books for paper-piecing when making quilts. You can trim them down to whatever size you need. The paper is thin enough to tear away fairly easily from your stitching, and the torn pieces can then go into the paper recycling bin. This works especially well for making "crazy quilts".

Source: I must have read this somewhere because it's too smart of an idea for me to have thought of it myself!

By Carol Franklin from TX

Great idea, the paper would be easy to tear off when you are done stitching without bothering your stitches. Wish I would have thought of it when I was doing tons of paper piecing. Thanks for sharing.

Crafts QuiltingFebruary 28, 2011
🎂
📓
🌻