UtilitiesBudget & Finance

Buying Lamp Oil in Bulk and Inexpensively

Where can I buy lamp oil in bulk, inexpensively? I want to cut down on my electric bill.

By joyce from Columbus, OH

Try looking at Tractor Supply for your lamp oil. Please remember to use caution while burning these lamps. I don't blame you for wanting to cut back on electric. Another idea is to hang your wash on a wooden drying wrack during the winter and on the line outside in the summer. By doing this for just 1month I cut our usage by 1000kw. So imagine what an entire year can do. Good luck.

If you are using the fuel in an oil lamp, you will want to purchase a fuel with a flash point between 124 and 150 degrees fahrenheit. This will ensure the best light and it will not gum up the wick. Firefly Fuel sells bulk fuel (5 - 5,500 gallons) with no odor at a good price. It has a flash point of 142 degrees.