SewingCrafts

Hole in a Broomstick Skirt

I have a hole in my broomstick skirt near the hem. I don't want to shorten it because it would be too hard to sew another hem. Any ideas on what I can do with the wrinkly material?

Thanks!
Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

I had a broomstick skirt that ripped in huge swaths. All I did was use the iron-on patch material in black. THen, wash it and dry it twisted up into a rope to make it regain crinkliness. The advantage of the crinkly material is that the crinks hide just about anything.

I bet you can just sew it together like a seam or dart, making about 1/4 inch seam. Sew with the lenght wise direction of the skirt. The wrinkles should hide the seam. Wear that part on the side, no one looks directly at your side.

By Nell (Guest Post)

If the hole is small enough, take a needle and thread and darn it as you would a sock or something.

The hole isn't very small, and it is ripped horizontally, so I think it might be hard to repair.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could use the wrinkled material for? Thanks.

I was able to mend it. Thanks for all of the helpful tips!