ToysCleaning

Vinegar to Disinfect Books and Toys

Disinfect plastic baby books and toys by spraying them with white distilled vinegar and soapy water.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

I don't see how that would disinfect it with just vinegar. I mix a little of clorox and lots of water in spray bottle and spray them down and then air dry.

I think the best part of this tip is, it's non-toxic. You sure can't say that about bleach! I don't understand the chemistry of it, either, but if I still had children at home (or visiting grandchildren,) I'd rather disinfect with something that wouldn't make them sick.

I do know vinegar works well for disinfecting and deodorizing my laundry, if that helps.