MicePest Control

Tiny Mice

Category Mice

I am looking for natural tips for getting rid of baby mice. I've seen two about an inch long. I think they are too small for mouse traps.

Thank you,
Gail

This sounds inhuman but once a long time ago I had left pots in the sink overnight soaking. When I woke up I drained the water and all kinds of small mice had drowned...mind you I screamed my head off cause I hate mice and I figured I'd at least touched one when I pulled the plug....YUCK!!! LOL

Sticky traps will get 'em

Mice are curious, that is their weakness. Even if they are small they will check out a mouse trap, even if it is not set or baited. Try using peanut butter as your bait, a big gob of it. Also use a lot of traps, not just a few. Also buy glue traps and use those as well. Then do yourself a favor and inspect your house for where they could be getting in and caulk and patch and fix those openings. The opening only has to be 1/4 inch in size (if a pencil can fit in a gap then the mouse can get in). Good luck

A 5 gal. bucket with a little dog food or some peanut butter in it with a piece of wood leaning on it will work, you can make a tiny trail up the stick with a smudge of peanut butter to get them started at first but after the first one goes the others follow the trail.Mice can't jump out but rats can,you need a big drum for them. If you don't want to drown them you can put top on bucket and release several miles away.

Please dont use glue traps. they are extremely cruel as the mice can pull off their own limbs trying to escape. If the mouse is lucky, it will suffocate, but mostly they just starve to death. The spring traps are kinder as they are instant. Humane traps which I have used are effective, using peanut butter or chocolate and then release them a distance away in a park or somewhere similar.

I would like to add that you can buy humane traps where you can catch 10 mice at a time. Try http://www.pesthelp.co.uk or http://www.amazon.com

**I used the small black glue traps and honestly it worked great just to hold them so I could place something over top then release them outside :) they wuold sometimes bounce around carrying one the sticky traps on their back etc. lol the glue was non toxic and safe so even when they escaped (hoping they may stick to something so I could catch them) they would just clean themselves off no problem. From this experience it depends on what you are using...have seen real death traps big huge traps used in restaurants catching many mice thick thick glue trays awful stuFF!

Ii am used to having and catching mice using spring traps baited with chocolate toffee but I notice that this year, that all the mice I've caught are very small (25 to 35mm body) and despite living in the country, I have not seen a normal size (with 50+mm body) mouse. This is same with others on the farm. Just curious what others think?

The missus came across a mouse nest in the house today with 5 baby mice. Neither of us could bring ourselves to kill them because they look so cute, but we have a 2 year old boy and a newborn baby girl, so I ended up asking myself, "What would Dad do?"

I ended up flushing them down the toilet. I figure there's a small chance they'll survive and end up living in the sewers :)