House TrainingDogs

Re-House Training a Dog

Our puppy Lilly, who we have dubbed a Lab/Boxer mix, is now close to 4 months old. After bringing her home 3 weeks ago, I noticed that she seems to be terrified of being outside at night even though I go with her.

So starting off, during the day we had no problems with going potty outside. Now she has taken to running to a room we are not in and going potty regardless of the time of day. She goes on two, 2 mile walks a day, and I take her out literally twice an hour. I have also gotten into the routine of putting her in her crate when she comes inside and will not go.

But nothing has seemed to revert her back to always going outside. Yet, when she is in the bathroom in her crate, when we have to leave the house she does not potty in there. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

By Jenny Lynn