CarpetCleaning

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

I need to know how I can get jelly out of my carpet. Our neighbor's 1 year old daughter got a hold of my daughter's pb&j sandwich. Thank you in advance.

By janice from Illinois

How can I remove week old blackberry jelly stains from carpet? My mother insists I try a little ammonia and water, and it will take it right out. I have a Dirt Devil carpet cleaner/extractor. But I don't want to go right to cleaning before the stain is out, and it gets set in there.

What about vinegar or baking soda? I want to try myself before being charged for a carpet cleaning. Nothing was done to it right after it happened, it has just been sitting there. Should I try the ammonia/water mix? Suggestions?

By Jessica from Portland, OR

Answers:

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

Go ahead and try the ammonia/water solution. Even if it doesn't remove the stain, it won't hurt anything. It won't set the stain. I use an ammonia and water solution to clean lots of things.

If the ammonia doesn't do the trick, go out and buy a can of Spot Shot. It's a carpet spot cleaner that comes in a dark blue can with an orange top. I haven't found a stain on carpet yet that Spot Shot won't remove. (09/28/2009)

By Jean

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

In the past, I have bought a product from a janitorial supply that removes red stains. You put a white towel over the spot and a steam iron on that, and the red dye wicks into the towel. Keep doing it until it is removed. (09/28/2009)

By Rae Ann Anderson

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

Thanks. I did the ammonia and water and it worked great, no sign of blackberry at all! (09/29/2009)

By Jessica