Dog Pee Stain on Carpet

My little dog decided to pee in a corner of the room on my beige rug that I didn't catch so the stain set. It's yellow and its smells. I tried store bought cleaners like resolve and others but the stain is still there and it still smells. Can anyone out there suggest anything to get this stain out and help the smell in the rug? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

I have had very good results with pet stains (and the even worse stains caused by my kids' barf) using both the "Kids and Pets" and "Nature's Miracle" products. lately I've been using the K&P, which can be found at Meijer. The "Miracle" should be easily found in pet stores like PETCO.

Applied liberally to soak the stain, well blotted up, followed by rinsing out with water using a wet carpet cleaner (I have a Bissell) Some stains required several spot treatments, where I would liberally soak the stain and leave the cleaner on, allowing it do dissolve the organic stain. For severe vomit stains, I used these products as the detergent component, with hot water rinse, in the Bissell. That, and a lot of patience.

Best Answer

Mix (any brands) 8 ounces hydrogen peroxide (brown bottle in 1st aid aisle), 1/4 cup baking soda (orange box baking aisle), and just two drops ONLY of hand dishwashing liquid. Mix this well in a bucket & put into a spray bottle or sprinkle can. Use liberally. Allow to dry, or blot up & reapply allowing to dry after blotting excess. This will cure the odor even for the pet, and remove the stain, even set in stains. Some might require re-treatment. This solution must be used within about 20 minutes of mixing, works from the byproducts produced, does not store well. Won't work as well if stored, no byproducts anymore. Can still use as an all purpose cleaner if left over. This has saved many mattresses & oriental type rugs. Be sure it gets to the padding of the carpeting also. Beware of damaging hard woods under carpet.

Best Answer

I used baking soda to get the stain out, wait 10 minutes, then vaccuum it up. any longer and it will stain the carpet white

Best Answer

Many cleaners will work but make sure you are using cool water. Since it's a protein based stain warm water will just cause it to set in faster!

Best Answer

Try Fresh & Clean. They sell it at a pet store. It is amazing. It has peroxide in it. I use it when I volunteer at an animal shelter. Natures Miracle requires to much and very expensive.

I agree with Cindy A. Natures Miracle is the best that I have used. I have two dogs and a new home, it works.

Use vinegar.

I found an old pee stain from my Mom's dog when she came to stay with me......the dog may have even peed in the same spot a couple of times..not sure. I tried vinegar, carpet shampoo, pet stain remover, etc. and I could still smell pee. I then used "kidsnclutter" suggestion about 3 or so post above....

It worked wonders. I smell no pee at all.....hopefully the smell dose not retun...I know at times this can happen. I will wait and see but I am pretty sure this has taken care of the problem!!! YEA!!!!!!

Anonymous

Yes, mix equal parts clear or white dish washing liquid and hydrogen peroxide, take clean white old towel or wash cloth. Dip in the mixture and dribble over the stain. Let it soak in for a min , then rub it in. Let it set for a few min then soak up excess liquid. It make take a few times. Then leave for a few hours. You may have to repeat. If smell persist try the peroxide straight up. After you blot out excess pour baking soda on top and let dry. Vacuumed up next day. This may also take a few times.good luck!