Haven't Filed Your Taxes Yet? Don't Panic!

It is Tax Day here in the U.S.

You must file your return or file for an extension by the end of day today, April 15.

Getting an extension is easy!

The IRS will give a 4-month extension with no questions asked to anyone who needs it. If you are aren't going to be able to file your return today it is far better to file for an extension than to just ignore it. Here is the page on the IRS website with instructions for filing an extension. You can file for an extension by mail, phone, or online.


If you do file for an extension, try to complete your taxes as soon as possible so you don't run into another deadline four months down the road! Any penalties you end up paying will be much less the sooner you are able to file.

Filing Today

If your are filing your taxes today, make sure your return is signed, that you have a return address on your envelope, and that you keep a copy of the return in case it doesn't get there for some reason.

The post office has details about what locations are open for late night mailing at this URL.

If you are worried about not being able to mail your return in time, get an extension. Then, you can mail your return after the weekend without having to wait in line late tonight.


Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


Budget & Finance Tax TipsApril 15, 2005
Christmas Ideas!
Coronavirus Tips
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-12-09 00:14:45 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.