KnittingCrafts

Knifty Knitter Blanket Keeps Rolling Up

I have a large rectangle Knifty Knitter. I am trying to make a blanket but it keeps rolling up. Any ideas on how to stop this or how to make it lay down eventually?

Rika

Once it is completed, you can try blocking it; you lay it flat on a surface that you've protected with towels, etc.; and you steam it lightly while it is pinned flat, and let it cool/dry flat. If that doesn't do it, you might need to try putting a knit or crocheted edge on it. I have had good luck with crocheted edges.

If you are making panels, you can alternate stockinette and garter stitch panels.

The roll greatly depends on the stitch used and how tightly you are looming. I would recommend adding a garter stitch border (possibly by adduing an outside panel) or alternating stitches.

By blindquilter (Guest Post)

Watch your tension! It may be too tight. When you are finished, block the blanket, then add an edging.