CleaningHome and Garden

Closet Door Mirrors Never Get Clean

Category Cleaning

I have full mirrored closet doors and no matter what i do as far as cleaning them they always seem like they have streaks all over them. I know it's not behind the mirror. it just never looks "clean". Could it be the paper towles I am using? I use Windex and that always worked before?

LORRI

By edieparks (Guest Post)

my husband uses a product called "invisible glass".

He gets it at the auto parts store. Let your fingers do the walking and call around until you find some.
We pay about 4.00 for a 19oz can. Its great and does not streak. It is made by "stoner". We get it at advance auto here in KY.

edie

I stopped using Windex and switched to a foam cleaner "Bon Ami". I also use a combination of cheap paper towels and micro fiber cloth when doing glass. Paper towels can definitely add streaks.

Try working on a smaller area at a time from the top down.

Paper will leave scratches, same on eyeglasses...cloth is best! Try microfiber clothes and do circles on the glass till you see no streaks.

I don't think it is the cleaner, usually the material you use.

By Maggie Illinois (Guest Post)

Use newspaper. Wet the surface with your cleaner and use a page of the black/white printed newspaper to clean it. It works great, doesn't leave streaks or print.