Decorating Ikea Mirrors
This craft shows you how to change a simple mirror into a decorative one. Using different paint colors and different beads, you can make a mirror to match any decor.
- mirror with at least 1 inch of wooden frame (you can pick some of these up at Ikea or garage sales, sometimes for pretty cheap)
- handful of large beads, pretty rocks, beads, whatever you fancy
- 1 stick of hot glue
- hot glue gun
- small tube of acrylic water based permanent paint, any colors you desire
- paint brush or sponge
Possible items needed if there is not a hanger on your mirror:
6 inches of string
2 small "i" hooks for hanging
- Wash any dirt off of your mirror frame.
- Then paint frame, taking care near mirror, if you get any on the mirror you can scrape it off once paint dries. You could also use masking tape.
- Let paint dry.
- Place spots of hot glue all around the frame where you want your bits of rock or beads. Press the rocks onto glue and let dry.
Voila! A cute mirror that makes a nice gift or adds a nice touch to any room.
By Mara from Seattle, WARead More Comments
This is a page about making a googly eye mirror. If you are looking for a different piece of homemade Halloween decor, try making a fun, creepy googly eye mirror.
This clever mosaic mirror frame is created using cut up plastic cards, such as gift cards. This is a page about recycled mosaic mirror.
Turn inexpensive Ikea framed mirrors into works of art by decoupaging them with fabric or paper. This is a page about decoupaged Ikea mirrors.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.