Decorating Ikea Mirrors
Those inexpensive mirrors from Ikea are great for craft projects. This is a guide about decorating Ikea mirrors.
September 30, 20120 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a googly eye mirror. If you are looking for a different piece of homemade Halloween decor, try making a fun, creepy googly eye mirror.
February 7, 20170 found this helpful
This clever mosaic mirror frame is created using cut up plastic cards, such as gift cards. This is a guide about recycled mosaic mirror.
February 1, 20170 found this helpful
Turn inexpensive Ikea framed mirrors into works of art by decoupaging them with fabric or paper. This is a guide about decoupaged Ikea mirrors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Mara Rivet0 found this helpful
May 30, 2007
This craft shows you how to change a simple mirror into a decorative one. Using different paint colors and different beads, you can make a mirror to match any decor.
- mirror with at least 1 inch of wooden frame (you can pick some of these up at Ikea or garage sales, sometimes for pretty cheap)
- handful of large beads, pretty rocks, beads, whatever you fancy
- 1 stick of hot glue
- hot glue gun
- small tube of acrylic water based permanent paint, any colors you desire
- paint brush or sponge
Possible items needed if there is not a hanger on your mirror: 6 inches of string 2 small "i" hooks for hanging
- Wash any dirt off of your mirror frame.
- Then paint frame, taking care near mirror, if you get any on the mirror you can scrape it off once paint dries. You could also use masking tape.
- Let paint dry.
- Place spots of hot glue all around the frame where you want your bits of rock or beads. Press the rocks onto glue and let dry.
Voila! A cute mirror that makes a nice gift or adds a nice touch to any room.
By Mara from Seattle, WA