TeaBeverages

How to Make Mystic Chai Tea

Category Tea

Does anyone know how to make Mystic Chai Tea, the hot or cold spiced tea at Sam's Club? Any ideas? It is very good. Thanks for your help. - Susavon

By Danny Vigour (Guest Post)

Yes! It's quite easy.

Take 1 mug of hot water, and add a scoopful of the chai powder.
mix with spoon
drink!

She means how to make the mix from scratch.

By Sandy (Guest Post)

I have been checking Sam's myself trying to buy more Mystic Chai but the only one they are carrying now is the Mystic Green Tea..... Anyone else have trouble finding it?

By Sigfreund (Guest Post)

Purchase on-line through Sam's club and have delivered to your door step for free.

http://www.samsclub.com

By Sharon Bullard (Guest Post)

I found it at Sam's Club online!

http://www.samsclub.com/

Search for chai tea

**I'm glad I found this thread. I have been searching for this chai tea as well!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sharon Bullard

By Sherry (Guest Post)

Sam's Club quit carrying the Mystic Chai Tea but it is available online. Also, David Rio has MANY varieties and offers free shipping. Available online also. When I ordered online from Sam's the shipping was as much as the tea.
There is a recipe out there but it still doesn't have the exotic ingredients that the purchased ones do.
Good luck!

By (Guest Post)

Actually, the best way to make this tea is the way the coffee stands around here do. You measure a scoop for every 8-10oz of HOT milk. Mix it well, and that makes the best chai tea...

By Carolyn (Guest Post)

Boil 1/2 cup water & 1/2 cup milk. Steep a vanilla chai tea bag for a minute then remove.

Stir in a packet of hot cocoa mix. This is the closest I've found but nothing beats the original Mystic.

By patty K. (Guest Post)

This recipe is from another line. We have used it since last winter when Sam's quit carrying the Mystic. It is wonderful and we make 3x the recipe each time. We drink it at least three times/day so it goes quickly. Only drawback is that there is some residue left in the bottom of the cup...but it's well worth the single problem. Thanks to Susan for the great recipe. NOTE: We use a Cuisinart to process the mix for 4 minutes...It helps make a finer powder.

RE: Mystic Chai Tea Mix Recipe
Post By Susan (Guest Post) (01/07/2005)
Instant Chai Tea Mix
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer

1 cup French vanilla flavored
powdered non-dairy creamer
2 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cardamom

Directions
1 In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom. In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
2 To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.

i use same recipie. same issues. Found that if I get the water really hot it does not make much difference if I grind it or not-I used a spice grinder because did not have the other.

By Joya (Guest Post)

Thank you so much i can not wait to try this out. I moved south a year ago from NY and have not been able to find the Chai since. THIS IS WONDERFUL! MERRY CHRISTMAS

By liz (Guest Post)

Just ordered from Sams no free delivery there, but desperate, did look for David Rio free delivery with orders over 20.00 next time I'll try that. Does anyone know why Sams doesn't offer it in-house anyway?

By Joya (Guest Post)

This was wonderful. Made this following all the instructions less a bit of sugar. It is defiantly worth the 20 minutes to make. You can buy anything but you'll enjoy the tea even more when taking the time to make it with friends. The best benefit is enjoying a glass together to test it!

By RK (Guest Post)

Thanks for the recipies. My two-cents on what's going on with Mystic/Sams:

When Sams drops an item, it's usually the end of a contract period, and they stop ordering product until a new price is negotiated. What they're selling right now via the web site is probably just what's left in the warehouse.

I suspect either "Mystic" wants more money to supply Sams addicted customers (like you'all and my wife! ;-) or Walmart Inc. tried to lowball Mystic.

Personally, I hope Mystic is negotiating with other retailers. They have a great product and it deserves better marketing than they'll ever get as slaves to Walmart Inc.

It certainly appears that the Mystic brand is no longer in business and I'm not sure about its sister company Big Train. I called the 1-800 number and it's no longer a good number and the email address comes back as invalid. Sams club still has it available online and yes there is a shipping charge but it's minimal if you order a case or 2. If you really like the product like I do, then order a case or more. I really believe it's not going to be available any longer.

I just bought this this past Saturday at our Sam's Club 96th street Fisher's Indiana