Faxing With Magic Jack

This program is used by some to reduce the cost of traditional faxing. This guide is about faxing with magic jack.

Can you tell me exactly what I need to plug into in order for me to send a fax with my Magic Jack?

By T. McCluster

Answers

Best Answer

Instead of connecting your phone line into your phone, connect it to your fax machine and it should work fine. But you need a high speed internet connection. It always worked for me.

Can you fax with Magic Jack using the internal modem?

By tony

Answers

Best Answer

Magic Jack runs off your computer and internet service. So unless you have FIOS or the high end of dsl service you are going to have problems with a fax machine. Without the high end internet service and a brand new computer, you will not have the best connection to use the Magic Jack for a fax machine.

It is a limitation of the connection that you can provide to the Magic Jack and not a limitation of the Magic Jack.

Faxing with HP K60 through Magic Jack initially worked fine, but later and now I have the same issues as others have. It will work on some numbers I try, but not at all on others. There is no way to set transmission speed on my K60 All in One that I can find. I did select "No" on error correction. I am thinking an external fax modem should work.

By EDMOND from KS

Answers

Best Answer

I work at Radio Shack & we are told to advise customers that fax machines are not to be used with Magic Jack.

From their site's FAQ:

Can I send and receive faxes using magicJack?

Answer:

Sometimes. We do not officially support using faxing with magicJack.

Please try the following steps to use magicJack with your fax (contact your fax manufacturer for details):

1. Turn off error correction on your fax machine or program
2. Set the fax machine or program to use the slowest speed available
3. Increase the speed, checking at each speed that faxes work.> hth

MY MagicJack was working fine with my cable internet connection. Now my verification page reads "check readability of transmission". What do I do?

By Fran

Answers

Unplug the Magic Jack from the USB port. Plug it back in after a minute then try again.

How do I fax without phone line?

By C

Would upgrading to fios quantum internet cause problems with MagicJack or require reconfiguration of it?

By Lincoln

I have a magicJack and would like to send and receive faxes with it using my HP Office Jet 6210 fax, copy, scanner. I don't know how to hook up the phone lines from my MJ to my fax machine. Can any one help?

By teri rankin from Brooksville, KY

Can I fax using a fax machine and my MagicJack?

By nmorrell from Tucson, AZ