ToysMake Your Own

Board Game and Card Game Accessories

Category Toys

Small Pudding cups washed out can be used for bingo chips or other chips that need to be used for board games.

Corner moulding can be cut into lengths for Scrabble tile holders or for Triomino's or Domino's.

Playing card holders can be made by gluing two margarine lids together leaving a side open to slide the cards into. You could also bolt these together with a small bolt and nut, then all sides would be free to stick the cards. These can be decorated by gluing a circle of felt or a cute picture in the center. They are great for Uno or any card game.

A Yahtzee game can be made with any cute cup, 5 dice, and one Yahtzee pad.

A card playing table can be made my taking any old table and glue a square of green felt in the center. You can take a hole saw and cut some holes in the table where each person would sit for cup holders or put a small cup in each hole for poker chips.

A small board with drilled holes and pegs can be used as a winner counter.

All of these are very easy to make and don't take much money, a couple of the card holders and a deck of cards and you have a neat gift for a card player.

Hope you enjoyed these tips.

By Debra in Colorado

By lisa (Guest Post)

hello,
I love the idea of putting lids together to hold cards.. I can't wait to do that for my dd.. she really needs it :-0

I have an idea to share with you.
We cut the legs down about 12 inches, on an old wooden card table. Since the top surface was rough, I made a simple cover for it ..(similar to a fitted bed sheet ) My dd and Grandson love playing games & doing puzzles on it !!:-) It's just their size :_) & it fits in the playroom w/o taking up too much space. Plus it can be folded down and stored away too.
Lisa