Keeping Your Camera with You

Always keep your camera with you on walking or bicycling trips. The point and click automatic digital cameras over five megapixels, create near professional quality photographs.

Photography is a state of mind. Decide to photograph all the things you find beautiful, no matter where they are located and no matter what the subject matter, then you point and click. Soon, your state of mind is set on what is beautiful in life. You have become a photographer.

Signed: Joseph R: amateur photographer

By Joseph R from Laval, Quebec, Canada

Joseph,
Well stated. A very wonderful idea. There are many times I wished I had my camera! You took a nice photograph of the horses.

Jennifer CA

I could not agree more. Several more suggestions:

Take as many photos as you can fit on your card. (You never know when you will get that absolute gem, and you can always delete them later!)

Learn to use a good photo-editing software package. I have turned some mediocre photos into priceless momentos by zooming, cropping, re-touching, etc. It isn't that hard to learn, and is worth every penny spent! For example, I might pair that gorgeous horse scene above with a close up of just the horses. Also, sometimes it is hard to center something in the frame, or maybe your camera won't take photos as close up as you might like the photo to be--say, of a flower where you would like the blossom to fill the frame. Back off a bit, zoom your camera in and snap. At home, you can crop more of the background out of the photo.

Hey, you've got the camera, the memory card, and the rechargable battery....why not take lots--it doesn't cost much! Thanks for reminding us, Joseph!