DIY Taxes

One of the primary rules of being frugal is TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF FIRST. I just finished doing my own taxes with the help of a J.K. Lasser book. Not only does it give me a MUCH better idea of my finances, it also saved me the HR Etc. fee. It would take a LOT more expensive accountant to finally get the deductions I was able to find!

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

By (Guest Post)

Each year I buy the cheapest tax preparation software Walmart has, for about $10.00. It takes me through the process, asking me questions so that I don't miss any deductions or income I'm supposed to report. It's really fast and gives me peace of mind. One year, before I used the software, I found out I was entitled to a $180 refund by reading an article in Woman's Day while I was in a lobby waiting for my car to be repaired. If I hadn't happened to pick up that magazine I would never have known. I will stick with the latest software now!

Buy TurboTax for $30.... It simply asks you questions and you answer them.... I've been using this program since it came out and would never go back to the paper method....

Best wishes,
Jim in Jax

Budget & Finance TaxesJune 21, 2006
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-22 12:07:42 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

TaxesBudget & Finance