CarpetCleaning

Shampoo Recommendations

Category Carpet

I am looking for the name of a good commercial rug shampoo. Anything I find in a regular store (that is, a national brand) does not do the job. I have white carpet (former owner, not my idea!) and a dog! It is a nightmare. I have a steam machine.

Thanks for any help,
Joanie from NY

P.S. There is a company called Holloway (or something like that), but I don't know if they make a rug shampoo, do you know?

I've been told that the professional house cleaning company called "Merry Maids" uses one half cup of Tide with Color safe bleach in their steam cleaners...

I would think the Tide or any soap/detergent would be very foamy and require a lot of rinsing. I think the commerical cleaners have a low foaming agent in them.

Think twice before using any kind of soap! Soap attracts dirt. I use pure vinegar.

DITTO on the NO SOAP!!!
First try plain water...the hotest water you can get (don't put boiling water in a plastic brittle container it will crack), if someone already shampoo'd in the past, you will have pleanty of soapy water in your residue bin. May take several pass overs with hotest water each time.

I use a carpet cleaner called "Capture". You can get it at lowes. It doesn't wet your carpet and padding, it is easy to use and it works very well.