TravelTravel and Recreation

Zombie Child (Zombie Fest, Coos Bay, OR)

My little county of Coos here on the Oregon Coast held a Zombie Fest a while back. It was an absolute blast! A large part of the community, people of all ages and walks of life, came as zombies, heros, and there was even a doctor, offering a cure for any who wished to not become a zombie themselves!

This fun festival was held as a fundraiser for the Relay For Life foundation. Our determination was to "kill cancer." We all got together, raised a decent amount for Relay For Life, and had a really good time! There was food, even snacks for the zombies (jello brains and candy eyeballs), vendors, a clown, and live music from a fun group called the Phoenix Band! It lasted all day, so our streets and local shops were continually "crawling" with the undead.

In this photo, we see one of my favorite zombies of the day! This little girl and her sister were some of the cutest zombies there, and always ready to give a scary pose! Their mom was a hoot, as well, carrying around a baby zombie (this child being fake.)

The Zombie Fest was a big hit for a great cause. I hear rumors of this becoming an annual event in our county and I LOVE the idea! I hope this idea spreads rapidly around the country! Fight cancer!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, Oregon