BedroomsCleaning

Cleaning a Messy Room in 5 Minutes

Category Bedrooms

How can you clean a very messy room in 5 minutes?

Dana from Weddington

Well here's my tip. If you've got company coming and only have 5 minustes to spare, take a trash can or trash bag and gather everything you need to declutter the room and put it in the can or bag, then stash it in the closet or your bedroom. Untill you can go back to it after your company has left and sort thru it. Then whip out the vaccum and give your floor a lick and a promise. Turn lights down low, light a couple of fragarant candles and your good to go.
Pam

By Robyn in New Zealand (Guest Post)

WEll I agree with Pam819 there. Then when the crisis is over take some time to visit www.FlyLady.net and she will teach you how to have household routines that take the stress out of life. And it's all free! She's a lifesaver!

Good luck

By Linda (Guest Post)

Any child can tell you that to clean a room in 5 minutes you throw everything in the closet or under the bed!

By Kay Rose. (Guest Post)

Run around with a black bin bag, a wet cloth and a dry one, bung every thing you want to throw out into the bin bag and swipe with the wet cloth and dry it off with the dry one, a quick hoover and its done.

By Allison (Guest Post)

I agree with Robyn-- Flylady is the answer!

By (Guest Post)

I have about 4-5 buckets in each kids room that I stack together when not in use.. they use them to carry toys around, but for ME! I use them at the end of the day & just throw all the toys in the buckets & call it good!

Takes about 3mins TOPS! I do this in other parts of the house too. Then I put away later or in the morning..

By Megan (Guest Post)

Make one keep pile and one throw away pile.Put everything you want to keep in the keep pile and everything you want to throw away in thee throwaway pile. (:

By lindseyloo (Guest Post)

Those are good ideas but if you have company coming over and only have 5min, I can tell you waited until the last min. Don't worry this will help.
1.make bed
2.clothes
3.under bed
4.trash/give away
5.toys /things you want to keep
then sit down for the last 30sec.

Making your bed is the biggest help to a messy room. After the bed is made, your whole room looks neater and you can decide what to tackle next.

By itworks (Guest Post)

Well I just searched this because if I don't clean my room in 5 minutes, my dad is going to take my phone away! So I decided that I'm going to shove everything behind my bed:)its the easiest but if you cant then shove it in a plastic bag and hide it in the garage or garden (I did that last time)

By Virginia (Guest Post)

I need to clean my messy room, and I don't want to make it long, so these tips help thanks!

By jean (Guest Post)

It sounds like we are referring to bedrooms here. Does company need to go into bedrooms? Close the doors and spend your 5 minutes on the bath and living rooms. Close the shower curtain, swipe out the sink, swish a brush in he toilet, and put out clean towels. Use the garbage bag/bin/laundry basket idea in the living room, and stash behind the closed bedroom doors.

If company arrives unespectedly, I do not think they should expect "Good Housekeepiing", but rather "Family Life". My mother always said the company comes to see us, not the house. Unless you live in a hazmat situation, do not worry as long as the living and bathrooms are presentable. Isn't that where they will mainly be in the house?

By Crystal (Guest Post)

I think it is impossible!

By Carolyn. (Guest Post)

Thanks for all these tips.
I am writing a tip sheet, then going into what I call my room
(It is acctually a waste disposal site) : )

By Helena (Guest Post)

And what if your closet is already full? What if there is too much to put in one or two bags?

Anonymous

It realllllly worked for me. But there is a flaw. What if your mom doesn't like you shoving things in your closet? What do you do know?