Organizing a Bedroom With a Messy Husband

Category Bedroom
If you have a messy husband, it can be very difficult to keep the bedroom clean. Here are some ideas about organizing a bedroom with a messy husband.

My husband is a firm believer in piling and stacking. This is something he utilizes in every aspect of our lives including the bedroom. There are 3 sets of clothing that he uses daily (2 jobs and casual) so it is important that we keep them separate. In order to keep order in the corner of the room that he uses for laundry I have 3 things:

1. Laundry basket - self explanatory

2. Hooks on the wall - These are especially helpful for shorts or t shirts that aren't dirty, but never quite make it back to the closet.

3. Small trash can - This is a life saver. I used to think that wild animals foraged in his dirty clothes at night and left scraps of paper and gum wrappers everywhere!

After 17 years I figured out he wasn't going to do his laundry every 2 days like I do so I decided to roll with it!

By Jennifer Perry F. from Central FL

Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Most of the time one person's organizing skills aren't very important to another person.

You seem to have a good handle on things. Great job!

You sound like a peacemaker to me. Making peace is not necessarily giving in. Sometimes it's just making the best of a given situation.